Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Washroom in the Dog Run...


This is Jenny getting ready with Sophie at her feet. I don't know where mom is going but obviously the baby is not going with her. Hot night on the town maybe? I walked by the bathroom and it tweaked my camera's eye. It was something I would see everyday but outside was dismal and the light coming thru the window just gloomy. The scene kind of reminded me of a 1930's photo by Walker Evans or maybe a 1960's Diane Arbus image, although her images tended to be more provocative.

You can see distortion at the corners of the top of the image. I could have fixed that but you know the distortion kind of made my image a little more surreal. I like that. I also like how the lines bring your eyes all the way around and then inside the image.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this a lot. It'll mean a lot to your daughter when she's much older. A sweet, real moment.

    ReplyDelete