Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Todd and the Sugar Shack


This is Todd. And that's the Sugar Shack behind him, or at least was. Todd's one of my best friends and we were hanging outside the back of his house. The sugar shack was sitting there with paint peeling just screaming to be photographed. So I took a couple of images and the shack had really hard lines and I wanted to soften it up - that's where Todd comes in - he was my reluctant subject. I positioned him in front of the door and I was able to get three images off before he shied up and took off on me.

When I opened up the image I was impressed with how strong Todd's facial features were and what he was wearing, t-shirt with grey hoodie, also kind of strong. So I decided to soften the Sugar Shack instead and make Todd a little harder (easy now!). So the shack I used contrast topped with a little glow distortion - and then capitalized the strength in his face and made the lines a little stronger. Here is my Todd and the Sugar Shack. BTW - I really miss the old sugar shack - we had some great times in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment