Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ooooklahoma


I flew out to Ft. Sill Oklahoma on Thursday - just a day trip. Actually, our day started at 5 am and it didn't end till 11 pm. Eighteen hours - I know, waaa f'en waaaa. We flew a KC-135 Stratotanker out of McGuire Air Force Base - that's it in the background. I normally listen to my Ipod when I fly but that plane was so loud I couldn't hear my Ipod on it's highest setting. So I listened to a pair of ear plugs - much better.

I love shooting military stuff - maybe because I am a Navy veteran or maybe because they have lots of cool toys. The above image was on the tarmac at Lawton/Ft. Sill Airport and it was rather warm. I wanted to do something different that screamed air force and tarmac so I went to the ground. The first shot had the line of people coming off the KC-135. My second shot had the line of people but a Major walked in front of me. Perfect. Gave my slow moving line some real opposite movement. Thank you Major. I just wish I had all uniformed troops in that line and not that one guy in the civilian clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment