Thursday, May 7, 2009

Balls...

I was in NYC the other day driving down the West Side Highway and noticed these three people doing Tai Chi on the corner. We were sitting at a light and the traffic was just awful - thankfully I wasn't driving. Normally I don't think I would have given this a second glance but what was pretty wacky was that their hand positions were kind of in the same position as the lady in the bowling poster. So I grabbed my 70-200mm and tried to grab a few frames before the light turned green. Yup, I shot from the car. Yup, through the window. This might not seem odd to most people but as a photog, it's considered pretty f'en lazy! I would normally jump out of the car to grab the shot, but, like I said, we were sitting in traffic.

So I started editing the photo and thought it was pretty cool. Very surprised I had a very good angle considering I shot from the car over the driver thru the window - proves the theory that photography is 70% luck. Then I started thinking it would look pretty funny if the three people had bowling balls in their hands. I grabbed a bowling ball from the web, put it in each of the peoples hands and even manipulated a catch-light to emulate the catch-light of the ball in the poster. Hah hah - funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment