Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Plaza

I haven't updated my blog in a very long time because I'm a slacker! Hah - that was for you Rob. I've been pretty crazy busy since the beginning of summer because we have had alot going on with the election coming up and all. So now I'm trying to get back into blogging and will do my best - only 20 days till the election - can't wait!

I shot this outside the Plaza in NYC a while back (I'm seeing if back-dating my blog works). I just really liked the big bulbs overhead and the movement of the city. I was kind of surprised there wasn't too many people on the street because usually it's packed. There is always something going on around the plaza and I see alot of fashion shoots while hanging out waiting for the Gov. I think I can be a fashion photog - hire 5 assistants who sit around and watch you, get a hair stylist and make-up artist, get a beautiful model, have them pose, click, pose, click, pose, click, pose, click, pose, click, pose, click, pose, click, pose, click, pose, click, pose, click, pose, click, pose, click, pose, click, click, pose, click, pose, click, pose, click, pose, click, pose, click, pose, click and that was the same pose for the same outfit. As a photojournalist it struck me as kind of funny because we have a split second to get the shot we need and, if you didn't get the shot, you can't ask your subject to do it again - not ethical.

No comments:

Post a Comment